These Rhodes Squishy things are the best things since sliced bread – seriously! After I posted Amelia eating one the other day, I had so many DM’s from you all telling me how versatile it is. So, I put it to the test. I am by NO means a baker or chef – just a mom with a love of making things for her family. Baking isn’t my strength but I can do the basics with the help of a great recipe.
We all know kids need their food to look and seem interesting before they will even try to touch it. I am forever making smiley faces or plating like a Masterchef would just so they can sit still and eat their damn food. I decided to take a Rhodes Squish and test it out in a couple different ways my kids would enjoy.
I thought of three things –
– Adding double cream yoghurt.
– Save as above and freezing it with a couple hundreds and thousands sprinkled
– Savoury muffins! And they will never know how healthy they are.
SAVOURY MUFFIN BASE :
2 cups of self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 large eggs
250ml of milk
20g melted butter
1/2 tsp salt
***any two Rhodes Squishies!
- Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees celsius
- Sift all dry ingredients together, keep it on the side.
- Mix all wet ingredients together EXCEPT THE SQUISH
- Mix your dry and wet ingredients together WELL (i use and electric beater for at least two min on high to make it nice and fluffy) and add the Rhodes Squish once the other ingredients are well combined. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into a greased muffin tray. I fill the cups halfway.
- Put it in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Check it with a sharp knive to see if it has been cooked through all the way. If it comes out clean, it’s ready. (times may vary!!)
- Leave it out to cool and serve!
OPTIONAL EXTRA : Before putting them in the oven, I sprinkle some hundreds and thousands (or sprinkles of your choice) to just make it look pretty.
You can also add any yoghurt Rhodes Squish on top as “icing”!
Squish Yoghurt Freez-o’s :
– Mix some double cream yogurt with your favorite Squish. Spoon little bits on a plate and put it in freezer. Again, you can add some sprinkles to make it look beautiful.
Another great snack idea with Squish is to mix it with double cream yoghurt and some freshly sliced strawberries/bananas or peaches.
Let me know if you have any cool idea’s for snacks like these! Always great to have some recipes saved when you feeling burnt out. And as you can see below… these were a complete hit!
This completely Baby Led Weaning friendly (and SUPER stylish) high chair is from T.R.U.E Baby – they at Babies R Us and online!